Doris Mae II

Doris Mae II
Our newest travel bug. Follow her adventures!

Contributors

Blog Archive

Southwind Treasures

Southwind Treasures
Click the t-shirt to see where Bug & I get our tie-dyed clothes.

Doris Mae

Doris Mae
Click on the photo to follow the travels of our geocaching travel bug, Doris Mae.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Meat Puppets!!!



Bug's dad & I got to see the Meat Puppets a couple of nights ago. Bug was a little bummed that she couldn't go, but she did have a fun evening. Before the show, she was able to meet Curt Kirkwood, guitarist/lead vocalist of the Meat Puppets. She gave him a note listing her two favorite MP songs: Comin' Down and Flaming Heart.



She then asked him to pose for a photo. He scared her by asking her to hold this (fairly heavy) guitar while he held the matching bass. She chose to just stand next to him.

While he was checking out the acoustic guitars she went in and said "Excuse me, Curt....would you play one of my favorite songs?" He chuckled and proceeded to play part of Flaming Heart and quite a bit of Comin' Down. Bug was curled up on the floor, looking up at him. I wasn't able to get a pic, as I didn't want to spoil the moment. Let's just say that she was very, very happy. He signed her (it WAS mine...she has claimed it) copy of "Too High To Die".

The show was great! I managed to score a table with stools in front of a fan...not sure I would have made it, otherwise. It was a bit warm in there. Greg Norton, (bassist/Husker Du) got up and played a bit. That was cool to see.

1 comment:

Emily said...

OK. Now I know she won't be able to carry my cello.